We’ve been told to do certain things in specific ways. If our parents told us to do something a particular way, we did it no questions asked, and we taught our future kids to do the same. We follow what others have followed generations before us.
But have you ever considered that maybe you’ve been doing some of the simplest things in life wrong? Do you brush your teeth the right way, or do you usually rinse your mouth after you brush? Do you eat cupcakes the right way, or do you eat them the way it is?
Below, we’ve listed some everyday things people do wrong and how to do them correctly. Check out what you’ve been doing wrong this entire time.
01. Cut mangoes into cubes before peeling and eating them!
02. When making iced coffee, freeze coffee into ice cubes prior so that when the ice melts in the coffee, it’s not diluted.
03. Your bobby pin’s wavy side should be on the bottom.
04. When feasting on chicken wings, easily debone them by grabbing, twisting, and pulling the two bones out.
Start with the smaller bone first.
05. If you don’t like the residue cheesy snacks leave on your fingers, try eating them with chopsticks.
06. When stashing away your garbage bags, try folding them into origami triangles to save space.
07. How to properly seal away an open bag of chips.
08. When making a BLT sandwich, lace various strips of bacon together for proper coverage.
09. How to professionally eat a cupcake.
10. For more accessible access to the popcorn and to prevent reaching your hand into a greasy bag, try ripping a hole on the bag’s surface instead of opening it the traditional way.
11. Whenever you want to microwave two bowls at a time, but your microwave is too small, try placing the second bowl on top of a cup.
12. Instead of placing a tub of ice cream directly into the freezer, put it into a ziplock bag first.
This will help keep it soft and ease the usual difficulty of scooping.
13. Cut watermelons crosswise instead of slicing them.
14. Instead of the conventional way of holding a burger with only the thumbs on the bottom, hold the burger also with your pinkies on the bottom for extra support.
15. When you pack your clothes, roll them up instead of folding them.
This creates more space for more clothes/storage!
16. Don’t rub in your moisturizer; tap it and let it absorb!
17. Earphones should be coiled over the ear to stay in place.
18. Break in your shoes immediately by putting them on socks and blow drying the tightest areas.
19. Life-Changing Hacks for Doing Your Nails
20. Fold your trousers, so you don’t spoil the crease.
21. When holding a pizza, there should be a U-shape to prevent it from flopping.
22. When enjoying drinks outside, top the cups with cupcake liners to prevent bugs from getting into your drinks.
23. Hold your wine glass by pinching the stem instead of wrapping your hand around it.
24. When eating apples, start from top to bottom instead of side to side.
25. When crossing out words, instead of drawing lines over them, write other letters over them.
This way, they won’t be legible.
You’ve been taking your shirt off wrong your whole life.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.