There are countless sights in this world worth seeing. And while it’s impossible to visit them all, thankfully, we can find plenty of high-quality images of the Taj Mahal, the Mona Lisa, the Grand Canyon, and more online. But we’ve covered you below if you’re looking for a new perspective on some rarely seen side of common things and places we all know.
We’ve gathered a list of some fascinating, rarely-seen photos of common things to provide you “A&D followers” with a refreshingly unique view of the world. Enjoy scrolling through, and be sure to upvote the images you’ve never seen!
01. This Is A Photo NASA Took Of A Space Shuttle Leaving Our Atmosphere
02. What Hundreds Of Crows Roosting In The Snow At Night Looks Like
03. This Is How Brick Streets Are Laid In The Netherlands
Although we can all appreciate a beautiful photo with a unique perspective, most don’t know much about photography and how to take captivating photos. Every professional will have their way of getting “the shot,” but we thought it would be fun to discuss some of the artists’ methods for capturing unique and timeless images.
According to Shelly Perry at Great Escape Publishing, we have to consider the fact that we all start with the perspective that “nature gave us.” She mentions that because she’s short, she’s used to having to look up to things that are taller than her. So it’s usually best if she elevates herself when taking photos or gets her subjects lower, especially for portraits. But Perry notes that perspective is essential for every kind of photography.
04. Artichokes Are Flowers, Here Is What They Look Like If Not Harvested For Consumption
05. The Inside Of This Guitar Looks Like An Apartment I Can’t Afford
06. This Is What The Underside Of A Lilly Pad Looks Like
When it comes to shooting famous landmarks and iconic travel spots, Perry recommends finding spots to take your photos from that are out of the ordinary. Perhaps there’s a rooftop bar nearby you can pop into, or maybe you’ll find an exciting angle by walking the streets surrounding the monument. Getting up close can provide a unique perspective as well.
Perry provides the example of some apples she shot that she decided to shoot from far away, under the branches, and high enough to be in the branches while playing with her focus. Experimentation is essential in photography, so you might take 15 photos and only like one. But it’s worth it to find a unique perspective you can call your own and make your photos stand out.
07. Have You Ever Wondered What A CT Scanner Looks Like Without The Cover On It
08. Looking Into A Theatre From Behind The Stage
09. The Blood Vessels Of A Hand
If you want to start taking more creative photos, Backlight recommends a few more ways to play with perspective when shooting. If you’re unfamiliar with the various types of perspective typically used by photographers, perhaps you’ll want to play around with linear perspective. This is when you “capture one or more vanishing points to create more depth within your image,” Backlight explains. The example they provide is a photo taken in the middle of a road leading off into the middle of the photo, creating the illusion of depth.
11. What A Modern Battleship Looks Like With No Water Around It
12. This Is What The Inside Of A Bowling Ball Looks Like
Forced perspective can also be fun for photographers, especially if they want to create optical illusions. This makes an object appear much larger or smaller than it is by positioning it closer or farther away from the camera. For example, placing a shoe close to the camera, with humans in the background, makes the shoe look gigantic, or the humans look tiny. It can create some hilarious photos, but it’s always essential to line up the subjects in the perfect spot to create the illusion.
13. Tortoises Have The Weirdest-Looking Skeletons
14. An Early Human Embryo On The Tip Of A Needle
15. This Is What A Tumbleweed Looks Like Before It Dies And Roams The Land
Backlight also provides tips for the average person who wants to experiment with perspective from the comfort of their phone screen. Playing with elevation can be an easy way to gain some new perspective. For example, crouching on the ground or standing at a bench can significantly impact how your photos turn out. On the same note, you can change the angle of your camera, too. Shooting from directly above something, or even underneath, can create more interesting images than those shot straight on.
16. Have You Ever Wondered What A Blue Whale’s Blowhole Looks Like?
17. Inside The Vault Door At The Bank I Work At. Beautiful Engineering From 1800s
18. Just In Case You’ve Ever Wondered What An Eyeball Looks Like After Having A Cornea Transplant
Another great way to spice up your photos is to shoot your subject through a “frame.” This does not have to be a literal picture frame, although that can work too, but perhaps through an opening in a window, fence, plant, alleyway, and more. This can be a great way to show off the subject of your picture while providing a unique perspective that might have never been seen before.
19. A Mature Hedge Cut In Half
20. This Is What Cinnamon Looks Like When It’s Fresh Cut From The Tree
21. I Thought You Might Like To See What A Hydrant Looks Like Installed And Unburied
Professional photographer Cole at Cole’s Classroom also has some recommendations for how amateur photogs can up their game. He shares that experimenting with shooting from a hidden perspective can give the illusion that the subject is unaware of the photo being taken. Or an overlap perspective, photographing multiple objects overlapping one another, can also create unique photos. You might even try taking pictures from the subject’s point of view, making viewers feel as though they’re seeing what the subject could see.
22. What The Light Inside A Lighthouse Looks Like (With The Original Fresnel Lens)
23. A Rare Chance To Grasp The Size Of An Offshore Wind Turbine Blade
24. If You Ever Wondered How They Install Those Huge Power Line Towers
When it comes to deciding what perspective will be best for any photo, Cole recommends that photographers consider what they want audiences to take away from the pictures, what the best way to convey their message will be, whether or not they want the viewer to have a new perspective, and which angle will give them the results they’re aiming for. And while shooting, Cole says looking at the pictures from an unbiased viewpoint is essential. The first thought that you or your friends have when seeing the picture is likely the first thought other audiences will have.
25. Ever Wonder What The Top Of Everest Looks Like?
26. This Is What The Traffic Control Room Looks Like In Beijing
27. Firework Shell
We hope you’re enjoying these rarely-seen photos, A&D followers. Keep upvoting the ones you find most fascinating, and tell us in the comments what unique item or place you’d like to see a photo of next. Then, if you’re interested in checking out even more of these pics, you can find an Architecture & Design article featuring rarely-seen angles of famous places right here!
28. Ever Wondered What Happens If There Is A Fire In An Airplane Hangar? Suppression System Activated In YYZ North End
29. If You’ve Ever Wondered What The Back Of A Bowling Alley Looks Like, Here Ya Go! (I’m A Bowling Alley Mechanic)
30. Leica Camera Lens
31. What The Interior Of A Pool Table Looks Like
32. I Can’t Believe This Is How Brussels Sprouts Grow
33. This Is What 15 Years Of Rust Accumulation Looks Like In A 1 Water Pipe
34. Thats What A Heated Floor Looks Like Before The Hard Floory Stuff Is Put On Top
35. The Inside Of This Air Mattress Looks Like An Alien Cave
36. This Is What A Gas Station Looks Like Underground
37. Cactus Cut In Half
38. The Inside Of The Leaning Tower Of Pisa Is Empty
39. This Is How A Cyclist’s Legs Look After The Tour De France
40. This Is What The Ball Inside Of A Paint Can Look Like
41. Inside Of The Golf Balls
42. Inside A Toothpaste Tube
43. This Is What Space Mountain Looks Like With The Lights On
44. This Is What A Walmart Looks Like After It’s Been Gutted
45. Zippo Lighter
46. So Apparently, A 9 Volt Battery Is 6 AAA Batteries Taped Together
47. This Is What A Bottle Of Water Looks Like In The Factory
48. What Lego Plastic Looks Like Before Being Cast Into Legos
49. Ever Wonder What A Furby Looks Like Without Its Fur? Now You Know
50. The Inner Workings Of Shaving Cream
So Apparently, This Is What A Gas Pump Hose Looks Like Underneath The Rubber
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.