The 50+ Easiest And Quickest DIY Projects Of All Time
They should take you less than an hour. Unless you are a tortoise. In which case, it may take you about two.
1. A sliced okra becomes a flower stamp.
So THAT’S what okra is for.
2. One-Minute Rope in a Fish Bowl is the nautical DIY that will change your foyer starting now.
Just because it looks like it’s from Pottery Barn doesn’t mean it has to cost as much.
3. Revamp your child’s plastic alphabet letters into a fancy decoration for a fridge or bulletin board.
Use gold or looking glass spray paint to get maximum shine. Get the directionshere.
4. Cutting board + Scrabble tile holder = perfect kitchen iPad stand.
Get those DIY deets here.
5. Here is possibly the cutest craft to ever be spawned from a toilet paper roll.
6. Buttons make the cutest thumbtacks for your bulletin board.
7. Or if you feel like using needle and thread instead of a hot glue gun, swap the buttons out on a dress shirt.
This is actually a nice indie designer dress shirt that costs $150, so think of the money you’re saving!
8. Dress up your envelopes with striped washi tape.
Striped washi tape works especially well for these.
9. You’d never guess that this minimalist prism necklace was made from bugle beads.
This gorgeous prism necklace looks like soldered sterling silver, but it’s actually just bugle beads threaded together. Get the full DIY here.
10. Got some leftover jewelry wire? This eternity ring does not take an eternity.
Let’s rephrase: this DIY doesn’t take an eternity, it takes TWO MINUTES. Get the directions here. Coat it with a layer of clear nail polish so it doesn’t tarnish your finger.
12. Time to update all the tees in your wardrobe with summer cut-outs.
13. A no-sew tutu makes a great baby shower or children’s birthday party gift for a little princess you may know.
Get the directions here.
14. Give kids the power to make their own pencil erasers.
15. This rhinestone bracelet only entails six steps.
The built-in holes in sew-on rhinestones make it easy to turn them into bracelets. Get the DIY here.
16. If you need a quick unisex gift, this leather bound journal only takes ten minutes to make.
17. Your boring shirts are in dire need of handy (cat-emblazoned) pockets.
This adorable pocket tee will only take ten minutes of your precious time.
19. All you need is gold trimming to make a gypsy crown.
Very minor sewing is involved. Get the directions from Sincerely, Kinsey.
20. The Homer Simpson donut bangle is the yummy arm party you need this summer.
It’s just NAIL POLISH. Get the directions here.
21. A LEGO Kleenex Box will make any child’s sick day so much better.
Get the directions here.
22. You couldn’t buy a beanie this cool.
This ’90s inspired beanie only requires sewing on (or hot gluing even) some fake flowers to last year’s winter hat.
23. Keep your tangly cables together with clothespins.
24. Metallic duct tape will transform your candles.
This is a great DIY for a party or wedding.
25. “Embroider” your wastebasket with pipe cleaners.
26. This ombré vase looks like it’s magically filling up with pink smoke.
This simple 10-minute DIY only requires 5 things: spray paint, glass bottle, rubbing alcohol, warm water, and sealer.
27. As you can see with this handy chart, an ombré dyed t-shirt will take you less than 20 minutes.
Full directions here.
28. Put leather handles on your cushions.
Have any boring pillows lying around? Attach leather straps to give them a whole new look.
29. A VHS case screwed into the wall provides unexpected hidden storage.
And you can easily slip a photograph into the cover, too.
30. Make this tablecloth if you’re going for a Scandinavian design aesthetic.
31. Make your extension cord pretty by beading it.
32. Turn a sweatshirt into a work of art with a drugstore watercolor set.
33. A strip of leather nailed into the wall becomes a cool, minimalist way to hold your stuff.
You can also buy them here, if you’d prefer.
Or use them to create bookshelves.
34. These wire bead rings are cute enough to give as gifts.
Get the tutorial here.
35. Paint polka dots on anything with reinforcement stickers and nail polish.
36. This store-bought looking lamp DIY claims to only take ten minutes.
See for yourself here.
37. If you can sew, this easy breezy caftan makes a great beach coverup or summer shirt.
Take one wide and long scarf, cut a slit in the center, sew together at sides to middle, and then bobbin sew at the waist using elastic.
38. If you have rudimentary sewing skills, you can make this wire headband.
Think of all the time you’ll save not even having to tie your hair scarf to secure it. Get the directions here.
39. One more sewing project…because how adorable is this pompom-covered diaper cover?
41. These wooden triangle bobby pins are made easily from sheets of birch plywood you can buy at any crafts store.
See how she made these here.
42. Weave together a couple of strands from an old t-shirt to make a headband for the gym.
Directions here (in French).
43. This copper tube and wooden bead necklace is raw, simple, and modern.
44. Diamonds made out of straw and string are the prettiest, easiest party decoration.
45. This swimsuit cover up doesn’t require a sewing machine.
You just need a large piece of cotton or jersey fabric. Directions here.
47. Arm knit a scarf in 30 minutes.
For those who don’t have the patience for knitting. Watch the tutorial here.
48. These amazing summer macrame sandals will only take you about 30 minutes.
You could definitely have bought these in a store. Get the directions here (in Spanish).
49. This expensive-looking bangle just involves cleverly painting a couple of leather strips with gold gilding.
Get the DIY here.
50. Can you imagine anyone not being totally psyched to get this adorable reed diffuser as a gift?
It costs barely anything, takes less than ten minutes, and makes an awesome housewarming gift. Directions here.
51. A brass rod from the hardware store can be bent to become a towel holder.
52. These rope bracelets can be personalized to match whatever theme you want.
Get the tutorial here.