When you think of doing home improvement projects to add value to your home, most people immediately think of the big, long, and complex DIY projects like remodeling a room or landscaping.
While I agree that kitchens and bathrooms sell houses and are super friendly to have, it is often at the expense of those little quick and easy home improvement projects that pile up around the house and, if done early, can save you the time and expensive needing to do a big, colossal DIY project later on down the road.
Grab your tool belts and Do It Yourself, Honey! Lists. Be prepared to save a ton of money by knocking out these quick and easy DIY projects when and where you can.
01. Make Your Walls Stand Out With Stencils.
02. A Bathroom Facelift Requires Minimal Changes.
03. The Laundry Closet That Makes You Want To Wash Your Clothes.
04. Add More Space Under Your Washer And Dryer With A Pedestal.
05. A Simple Table Island Makes Your Kitchen More Appealing.
Selling a house is perhaps one of the most stressful times in an adult’s life. How do you make your nest more appealing than your neighbors’? Just because you enjoyed your home and think it’s worth a certain amount does not mean the buyer agrees.
Real estate agents and interior designers report that people can do some things to make their houses stand out from the rest. Minor fixes around the house can increase the value of a home by 16%. You may question whether it’s worth making an effort, but the reality is that most home buyers want to move into a new place that requires very minimum change.
The most significant improvements people prefer are open-plan living, an updated kitchen, bathroom renovation, improved flooring, lighting, and a new fresh coat of paint. In addition to upgrades, don’t forget to keep the house clutter free and clean.
06. Paint Old Kitchen Cabinets Instead Of Replacing Them.
07. Transform Your Refrigerator To Stainless Steel With A Peel-And-Stick Film.
08. Tile A Mosaic Backsplash For A Stylish Kitchen.
09. Add Extra Storage Space With A Sliding Wall.
10. Stage A Secret Doorway For A Secret Room.
11. Turn A Dull Wall Into An Impressive Bookcase.
12. Floating Shelves Do Not Take Up A Lot Of Space.
13. Add Some Curb Appeal With Drought-Tolerant Plants.
14. Paint The Front Entry A Vibrant Color.
15. Lighting Is Important. It Does Not Need To Be Expensive; Just Be Creative.
16. Making Your Curtains Can Bring New Life To A Room.
17. Faux Log Displays Make The Room Cozier.
18. Don’t Forget Your Backyard. Add Colorful Furniture To Make The Patio A Favorite Hangout.
19. Make Concrete Floors More Inviting By Staining Them.
20. Or Paint Concrete Floors Using Stencils.
21. Refinish Hardwood Floors To Make Them Look New Again.
22. Install A Board And Batten In The Hallway.
23. Add Crown Molding For An Upscale Look.
24. Wainscoting The Entryway Is An Elegant Welcome.
25. Fence The Backyard To Give More Privacy.
26. A Simple Update By Painting Faux Windows On The Garage Door.
27. Painting The Garage Floor Makes It Easier To Clean And Resistant To Oil Stains, Chemicals, Water, Mold, And Mildew.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.