25+ DIY Projects To Add Value To Your Home, #22 Is So Important
Selling a house is perhaps one of the most stressful times in an adult’s life. How do you make your nest more appealing than your neighbors’? Just because you enjoyed your home and think it’s worth a certain amount, it does not mean the buyer agrees with you.
Real estate agents and interior designers report there are a couple of things people can do make their house stand out from the rest. Small fixes around the house can increase the value of a home by 16%. You may question whether it’s worth making the effort but the reality is that most home buyers want to move in to a new place that requires very minimum change.
The most important improvements people prefer are: open plan living, updated kitchen, bathroom renovation, improved flooring, lighting and a new fresh coat of paint. In addition to upgrades, don’t forget to keep the house clutter free and clean.
01. Make your walls stand out with stencils.
02. A bathroom facelift requires minimal changes.
03. The laundry closet that makes you want to wash your clothes.
04. Add more space under your washer and dryer with a pedestal.
05. A simple table island makes your kitchen more appealing.
06. Paint old kitchen cabinets instead of replacing them.
7. Transform your refrigerator to stainless steel with a peel and stick film.
8. Tile a mosaic backsplash for a stylish kitchen.
9. Add extra storage space with a sliding wall.
10. Stage a secret doorway for secret room.
11. Turn a dull wall into an impressive bookcase.
12. Floating shelves do not take a lot of space.
13. Add some curb appeal with drought tolerant plants.
14. Paint the front entry a vibrant color.
15. Lighting is important. It does not need to be expensive, just be creative.
16. Making your own curtains can bring new life to a room.
17. Faux log displays makes the room cozier.
18. Don’t forget your backyard. Add colorful furniture to make the patio a favorite hangout.
19. Make concrete floors more inviting by staining them.
20. Or paint concrete floors using stencils.
21. Refinish hardwood floors to make them look like new again.
22. Install a board and batten in the hallway.
23. Add crown molding for an upscale look.
24. Wainscoting the entryway is an elegant welcome.
25. Fence the backyard to give more privacy.
26. A simple update by painting faux windows on the garage door.
27. Painting the garage floor makes it easier to clean and resistant to oil stains, chemicals, water, mold, and mildew.
Next, here’s 20 awesome DIY home decor projects.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.