20+ Insanely Adventurous Home Design Ideas That Just Might Work
Go big or go (to a boring) home.
1. Make your stairs pop.
Go to town with every leftover paint color you have.
2. Add GLITTER to your walls.
6. Turn your backsplash into a Disco Ball.
Not only will your kitchen look like it’s ready to party at any given moment, it’s also a great way to bring more light into a small space. Get them here.
7. Replace your grass with creeping thyme.
It’s easier to take care of and it’s PURPLE. What more reason do you need? Get started here.
8. Paint your radiator and pipes a SUPER bright accent color.
You can’t really hide them, so you might as well run with it. See how they did it here.
10. Make a rainbow stained-glass door.
This one is made from PANTONE samples. See more here.
11. Paint your siding a rainbow hue.
12. Upholster your door.
Add some nailheads to make it really sparkle. See how to do it here.
15. This is a safe space.
18. Make a wine cork wall.
In your kitchen. Or your whole house. This one’s by George’s Kitchens.
19. Hide yo kids, hide yo bathroom.
JK. But this is a seriously sneaky design that will make you feel like a spy every time you have to pee. This company makes custom shelves that fit inside your door frame. See more here.
20. Use actual pennies as penny tiles to cover furniture.
Spoiler: You get to use a blowtorch.
21. Paint a faux rug on your porch with bright fun colors.
*CHECK FLICKR MAIL FOR PERMISSION*
22. Or make a perma-runner by painting your hardwood.
See how she did this here.