Top 33 World’s Strangest Buildings
If you are bored panda like me, you know that the best way to fight boredom is finding all kind of weird stuff.
And now, that you’ve found that page, you are just about to kill your boredom. Do you love architecture?
Strangebuildings.com has a wonderful collection of the world’s most unusual architecture and together with Bored Panda presents you an incredible list of 33 strangest buildings in the world, and best of all, it’s not just another random list, but it is based on 4.520 unique visitor votes. So don’t blame panda for this exact order, blame yourself for voting this way, or for not voting at all. (the voting took place here.)
Well enough of those boring talks, prepare your hand for scrolling down the list, while bored panda eats another bamboo leaf. (H/T: Bored Panda)
01. Mind House (Barcelona, Spain)
02. The Crooked House (Sopot, Poland)
03. Stone House (GuimarÃ£es, Portugal)
04. Lotus Temple (Delhi, India)
05. Cathedral of Brasilia (Brazil)
06. La Pedrera (Barcelona, Spain)
07. Atomium (Brussels, Belgium)
08. Museum of Contemporary Art (Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
09. Kansas City Library (Missouri, USA)
10. Low impact woodland house (Wales, UK)
Bamboo leaf for Simon via strangebuildings.com
11. Guggenheim Museum (Bilbao, Spain)
12. Rotating Tower, Dubai, UAE
Have you ever seen a building in motion that actually changes its shape? Sounds unbelievable but not to Dr. David Fisher. This building will never appear exactly the same twice.
It is amazing but you will have the choice of waking up to sunrise in your bedroom and enjoying sunsets over the ocean at dinner.
In addition to being such an incredible engineering miracle it will produce energy for itself and even for other buildings because it will have wind turbines fitted between each rotating floor (picture 2). So an 80-story building will have up to 79 wind turbines, making it a true green power plant.
13. Habitat 67 (Montreal, Canada)
14. Casa da musica (Porto, Portugal)
15. Olympic Stadium (Montreal, Canada)
16. Nautilus House (Mexico City, Mexico)
17. The National Library (Minsk, Belarus)
18. National Theatre (Beijing, China)
19. Conch Shell House, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
20. House Attack (Vienna, Austria)
21. Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Egypt)
22. Cubic Houses (Kubus woningen) (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
23. Ideal Palace (France)
24. The Church of Hallgrimur, Reykjavik, Iceland
25. Eden project (United Kingdom)
26. The Museum of Play (Rochester , USA)
27. Atlantis (Dubai, UAE)
28. Montreal Biosphere (Canada)
29. Wonderworks (Pigeon Forge, TN, USA)
30. The Basket Building (Ohio, USA)
31. Kunsthaus (Graz, Austria)
32. Forest Spiral (Darmstadt, Germany)
33. Wooden Gagster House (Archangelsk, Russia)
P.S.: if you want to find out more information about the building (date it was built, architect, interior shots) don’t forget to visit Strangebuildings.com.