Last Thanksgiving we asked our London office to (try to) label all 50 states. The results were varied at best. A year on we decided to see if they’ve learnt anything since then. Spoiler: They have not.
01. First up, this guy made the rookie mistake of putting his name on the top.
You might live to regret that, Paul*.
(*Paul is a Foreign News Editor, FYI.)
02. This person started well, but then just seemed to give up and decide that everywhere is Indiana.
Which makes the fact that he didn’t actually get Indiana right all the more amusing.
04. There was only one person, however, who correctly identified the great state of A DOG.
05. This person probably wouldn’t want you to know that she’s actually American.
And as you may be able to guess from her map, she’s from the Midwest.
13. Some people opted for that age-old trick — if you don’t know the answer, draw a tornado.
14. And adding question marks to the end of every answer means that you can be stupid without looking stupid.
OK, so maybe they look a bit stupid.
16. And then there was geeky geekerson with her dual nationality.
Though after this, one of those nationalities may have to be reconsidered.
17. After looking at this map we spoke to experts and can confirm there there is, in fact, nothing there.
21. Uninterested in a geography quiz, this person decided to list films and TV shows set in each state.
And, to be honest, it’s a thing of beauty. Updated: Here’s a hi-res version.
22. And finally, this person decided to issue a challenge to our friends across the pond.
Your move, Uncle Sam. (H/T: BuzzFeed)
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.