Here at A&D, we’ve seen our fair share of weddings—with that, just about every wedding trend in the book. From Pinterest-worthy doughnut walls to overused mason jars, the unique (lesser-done) ideas for weddings leave a lasting impression. But how do you decide which personalized details to include, and how do you even come up with them in the first place? “The best way to make a wedding stand out is to make it your own. Look to your own story versus at the wedding of others,” says Allison Jackson, the owner and lead event planner at Pineapple Productions.
As a starting point, take some time to think about what represents you as a couple. “My approach to wedding design has always involved drawing inspiration from the couple’s story to create something completely original, personal, and distinctive,” Jackson says. “I like to ask couples about how they met, how they became engaged, and how they spent their time to begin forming ideas for unique wedding details.
Secondly, don’t forget to consider your guests! As much as your wedding is about celebrating your legal union with your SO, it’s also very much about your guest’s comfort and enjoyment. Shared interests, travels, and family histories also serve as beautiful sources of inspiration,” she adds.
These smart suggestions will ensure your fairytale wedding isn’t pillaged by bloodthirsty mosquitoes or a merciless hot sun.
01. Provide Pillows If You’re Using Uncomfortable Outdoor Seats.
Many outdoor seats are wrought iron or wood, which can get uncomfortable if you’re sitting on them for long periods. The pillows also add an extra decorative touch.
02. Warn Your Guests About Appropriate Footwear If They Walk In The Grass.
Just a little note on the invite should be sufficient.
Heel covers are also a thing that exists.
03. Give Your Bridesmaids Cement Blocks To Stand On So They Don’t Sink Into The Grass.
04. Provide Guests With Their Parasols.
05. Offer Ample Options For Ice-Cold Hydration.
It’s an excellent way to squeeze in some branding.
06. Offer Individual Insect Repellent Options.
07. Give Sunglasses As Wedding Favors.
08. Put Your Wedding Program On A Fan.
09. Be Sure To Have Snacks And Water For The Bridesmaids.
Between hair, makeup, and photos, your bridesmaids don’t have much time to drink water and eat, which is especially important on a hot day. Plan a short break before showtime. You don’t want anyone fainting on you.
10. If It’s Hot Out, Make Sure Your Florist Is Misting The Flowers To Keep Them Cool.
11. Spray A Heavy-Duty Fixative To Protect Your Makeup.
People who do costume and theatrical makeup swear by Ben Nye’s Final Seal product.
12. Supply Everyone With A Pair Of Flip-Flops For Dancing.
13. Provide Wet Towelettes And Cooling Face Mist If It’s Going To Be A Scorcher.
14. Instead Of Chairs, Throw Brightly-Colored Blankets And Quilts Over Hay Bales.
15. Provide Blankets/Wraps If It’s Cold Or Breezy.
16. Hire An Ice Cream Cart.
17. Consider High-Velocity Blower Fans.
They provide a powerful breeze on a hot day. Just be sure to test them for noise.
18. Use Flowers And Lights To Create A Simple But Gorgeous Makeshift Aisle.
19. Use Chalkboard Paint Picture Frames To List The Seating Chart.
20. Suspend Tables From The Trees With Rope.
21. Put Camping Lanterns Underneath Table Cloths For A Brilliant Evening Lighting Idea.
22. Use A Flower Box As A Rustic Drink Cooler.
23. Wrap A Tree Or Two With String Lights And Photographs To Display Memories.
24. If Your Outdoor Wedding Venue Permits, Hold A Bonfire.
25. A Basket Of Vintage Handkerchiefs Is A Cute Way To Provide Relief From Excessive Tears Or Beads Of Sweat On An Impossibly Hot Day.
26. Make A simple Entrance Or Photobooth Backdrop With Lace Curtains.
27. Just A Photo Frame Dangling From Ribbons Off Of A Tree Can Also Serve As A Cheap And Easy Photo Booth.
28. Refashion Thrift Store Dressers As A Dessert Table.
The dressers overflowing with flowers are a lovely touch.
29. Use Cute Cupcake Wrappers To Keep Bugs Out Of Your Guests’ Beverages.
30. Use A Netted Canopy To Keep Bugs Out Of Desserts And Cake.
31. Have Sunscreen Available In Pretty Dispensers Or Spray Bottles.
32. Finally, Don’t Forget The Microphones.
This is essential for any outdoor wedding, but most indoor weddings, too.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
Discussion about this post