Today’s fantastic bridges not only symbolize our world’s advancement in design but its advancement in technology as well. Consequently, architects and engineers have merged design and technology to create bigger, better, and more spectacular bridges.
Several of these fantastic bridges are simply stunning – a true marvel of classic engineering capabilities and the outstanding achievements of modern engineering.
01. Akashi Kaikyo Bridge In Kobe, Japan
02. Banpo Bridge In Seoul, South Korea
03. Akashi Kaikyo Bridge In Kobe, Japan
04. Hangzhou Bay Bridge In Hangzhou, China
05. Helix Bridge In Singapore
06. Henderson Wave Bridge In Singapore
07. Hoover Dam Bypass In Las Vegas, USA
08. Millau Viaduct In Millau, France
09. Juscelino Kubitschek Bridge In Brasilia, Brazil
The Juscelino Kubitschek Bridge was constructed in Brazil’s capital, Brasilia. Alexandre Chan and Mrio Vila Verde designed it. The bridge cost was approximately $57 million when it was completed in 2002.
10. Octavio Frias de Oliveira Bridge In Sao Paulo, Brazil
11. Sheikh Zayed Bridge In Dubai, UAE
12. Sydney Harbor Bridge In Sydney, Australia
13. Tower Bridge In London, England
The London Bridge, which spans the River Thames, is a must-visit for tourists. It was opened in 1894 and allowed pedestrians and automobiles to cross the bridge. It also allows river traffic to pass through. The bascules of the bridge have an angle of 86 degrees.
14. Golden Gate Bridge In San Francisco, USA
15. Széchenyi Chain Bridge In Budapest, Hungary
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.