20+ Puppies On Their First Days Of Work That Will Make Your Day
No matter how cute the puppies in these pictures are, don’t get fooled – these dogs are on a serious mission.
The top job roles for the doggies are: police dogs, military dogs, fire dogs, guide and hearing dogs, medical assistance and disability dogs, and therapy dogs. Most canines at work are Retrievers or Golden Shepherds, because they’re known for being smart and easy to train.
The noses of service dogs are 50 times more sensitive than a human’s, which really helps pooches in police and fire departments. Police dogs sniff out drugs, detect explosives and find missing people or objects while using their nose. Likewise, firefighter doggies detect ignitable substances and point to the cause of fire, especially in cases of arson.
Their ‘vest’ is not just a cute outfit – it’s their uniform. It informs other humans that the dog is on the job. Remember – despite the urge to reach out to them, you should not pet, feed or talk to the doggies at work. They’re doing a serious job that all of us should acknowledge and appreciate. (H/T: Bored Panda)
01. Tuco Trying On The Vest For The First Time
02. Guide Dog Puppy With His Teddy Bear
03. Even The Comfort Puppy Needs Some Comfort
04. Future Seeing Eye Dog
05. Trying On Their First Vests
06. And The Winner For Cutest Service Dog Goes To
07. This Is The New Puppy At Training Today. We Don’t Think The Bullet Proof Vest Fits… Just Yet
08. One Day, I’ll Be A Big Police Dog
09. Service Puppy In Training
10. Police K-9 Puppy’s First Day Of Work
19. Local Sheriff’s Office’s Newest Recruit
20. Service Puppy At Work
25. Police Dog Puppies
A new ‘R’ litter of German Shepherd pups born to mother Cassie. Their names are to be given by a competition in conjunction with the Kennel Club.