No matter how cute the puppies in these pictures are, don’t get fooled – these dogs are on a serious mission.
The top job roles for the doggies are police dogs, military dogs, fire dogs, guide and hearing dogs, medical assistance and disability dogs, and therapy dogs. Most canines at work are Retrievers or Golden Shepherds because they’re known for being intelligent and easy to train.
The noses of service dogs are 50 times more sensitive than a human’s, which helps pooches in police and fire departments. Police dogs sniff out drugs, detect explosives and find missing people or objects while using their noses. Likewise, firefighter doggies detect ignitable substances and point to the cause of the fire, especially in arson cases.
Their ‘vest’ is not just a cute outfit – it’s their uniform. It informs other humans that the dog is on the job. Remember – despite the urge to reach out to them; you should not pet, feed or talk to the doggies at work. They’re doing a serious job that all of us should acknowledge and appreciate. (H/T)
01. Tuco Trying On The Vest For The First Time
Massachusetts Vest-A-Dog, bostonpolice
02. Guide Dog Puppy With His Teddy Bear
03. Even The Comfort Puppy Needs Some Comfort
04. Future Seeing Eye Dog
05. Trying On Their First Vests
06. And The Winner For Cutest Service Dog Goes To
07. This Is The New Puppy At Training Today. We Don’t Think The Bullet Proof Vest Fits… Just Yet
08. One Day, I’ll Be A Big Police Dog
09. Service Puppy In Training
10. Police K-9 Puppy’s First Day Of Work
11. Puppy Mo On His First Day With Greater Manchester Police
12. Service Puppy-In-Training Needed A Nap In My Gym. We Put Cones Around Her So She Wouldn’t Be Disturbed
13. Learning How To Read Is Part Of A Training
14. I Bet He Will Be Chewing On A Bad Guys Arm In No Time
15. Two Service Dogs In Training. Work Is Hard
16. Proudly Wearing His Uniform
Stanislaus County Guide Dog Puppies
17. My Local PD Just Got A New Puppy Who Is So Ready To Be Done With Pictures And Take A Nap
18. 7 Weeks Old Police Puppy
19. Local Sheriff’s Office’s Newest Recruit
20. Service Puppy At Work
Military Working Dog Puppy Program
21. Jack, Eager To Begin Working With His Veterans, On His First Day Suiting Up In His Service Dog Vest
22. There’s A New Sher-Ruff In Town
23. Met This Puppy Being Trained To Be A Service Dog At Work Today. He Had A Tough First Day
24. And The Training Begins
The latest addition to the Super Hornet family has arrived safely at RAAF Amberley, Queensland, with a puppy named Rhino in honor of the fighter jet. Rhino is one of the Air Force’s ‘Romeo’ three litter pups and has eight siblings – Raptor, Razor, Rolly, Roman, Reaper, Ripper, Raven, and Riley.
The pups, named by RAAF Amberley’s Health Operational Conversion Unit, are 15 weeks old and have been enjoying weekend home stays as they prepare to go into a foster care home as part of Puppy Development Training.
Australian Department of Defence
25. Police Dog Puppies
A new ‘R’ litter of German Shepherd pups was born to mother Cassie. Their names are to be given by competition in conjunction with the Kennel Club.
26. Puppy Joining Finish Police
27. Meet Xxcalliber! Few Months Old Military Working Dog Pup
28. Little Zuma Service Puppy In Training
29. Meet Scoob, An Eleven Week Old Police Puppy
30. This Little Guy Is Training To Become A Service Dog, And His Class Had A Field Trip At Turkey Hill Ice Cream Factory
31. Snoopy Is A Service Puppy In Training, And Will Grow Into His Vest One Day!
32. Falcor Is Ready For Some Action
Military Working Dog Puppy Program
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.
Discussion about this post