20 DIY Christmas Projects That Will Get You In The Festive Spirit
Every year, we spend lots of money and an endless amount of time at the mall searching for the perfect gift for our loved ones. After spending so much money on gifts, do we really need to spend even more money on Christmas decorations? Why waste money on items that we’ll only use once a year?
Luckily for us, creative people exist in our society and are generous enough to share their creative DIY ideas that cost way less than purchasing any actual decorations. We’ve collected some awesome DIY Christmas projects for those of you who want to save some money or just want to express some of your creativity this year.
01. Put together your own personal advent calendar to count down the days to Christmas.
Decorate mini envelopes to represent each day and then fill them up with cute little knick knacks.
02. Use a mason jar as a base to your own homemade simple yet chic waterless snow globe.
03. Create your own edible peppermint platter for the holiday parties.
04. Turn your wine glasses into cute character candle holders!
05. Don’t want to physically go look for a Christmas tree? Or maybe you just want a more modern look this year – build your own wooden tree using wood pallets!
Use all white ornaments to keep that minimalistic look.
06. Use apothecary jars to create a beautifully lit up slow globe town.
07. Love the scent of peppermint? Construct your own peppermint-smelling bath bombs.
You can use an ornament to create the basic round shape or you could make unique shapes using moldable ice trays.
08. Have a few branches laying around your front yard? Get crafty and use them to make a cute reindeer centerpiece.
09. Or maybe you have a log laying around? Turn that into a beautiful centerpiece perfect for the holiday dinners.
10. Transform your average salt shakers into these adorable holiday shakers!
11. Become the best looking house in your neighborhood with these easy-to-make Christmas light balls.
They’ll be a unique touch to the rest of your front yard decorations.
12. Create this snowflake chandelier for a more elegant Christmas look.
Note: You don’t have to cut out all these snowflakes one by one, you can buy them all from the dollar store!
13. Instead of making the traditional popcorn string decor, replace the popcorn with some ruffled coffee filters to put together this creative garland that’ll go great over the fireplace.
14. No snow, no problem. Build a snowman in the comfort of your own home using an old pair of socks.
15. Why throw away your paperless toilet paper rolls when you can turn them into mini Santas!
16. Stray away from all the extravagant pretty-looking wreaths and create one this year decorated with all your favorite memories.
17. Bake these delicious ornamental cake pops. They’re perfect for those sweet tooth family members who are trying to not indulge too much this year.
18. Want to create a more rustic look this year? Create these unique little arrows to add some flare to your Christmas tree.
19. Use doilies and skewers to build your own dainty village of delicate trees.
20. Love the scent of cinnamon on Christmas morning? Wrap some cinnamon sticks around a candle to create this decorative scented candle.
Be sure to use some ribbon or twine to keep the sticks in place!
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.