It begins as a whisper in the air, with the sun hiding behind a curtain of dark clouds. The autumn blues are starting to creep in, and the wet weather is still around. Sometimes, a gentle rain inspires you to curl up on a warm blanket and read a book. On other occasions, it’s a thunderstorm, which leaves you spellbound as it hits the window.
Regardless of your rain outlook, it’s important to remember that it can have a therapeutic effect on one’s mind. The Raining community is here to help you enjoy the rain. This online community, which has over 413k pluviophile’s, aka lovers of rain, is made up of people who love to share their happiness when the rain starts to fall.
We at A&D have gathered some of the most uplifting, healing, and calming posts from the group that can help you get through your day. These are all from people genuinely trying to make you feel better. Be sure to upvote the photos and share them with your friends so that they can also benefit from some inner peace.
01. Took A While To Get This Shot
03. Not Only People Love It
It’s raining outside, and it’s just like that when you’re inside your home. There’s nothing like hearing the rain while relaxing in your chair and waiting for the storm to pass. Suddenly, everything around you begins to calm down, and you feel at ease. This is what makes me feel like I’m not alone in this feeling.
The members of this forum welcome all kinds of rain-related topics. It’s not necessary to have a background in meteorology to join, and the members are passionate about rain. They’ll gladly post a weather forecast, a puddle, or a raindrop on their page.
04. Paris, France
05. It Rained So Hard, The City Became Like Blade Runner
Over 413k people have joined the Raining community, where members dance to the rain at any given moment. This social media outlet is a place for people to share their love for rain. It’s also an excellent place for people to find comforting and beautiful rain-related images.
The Rain Forum has been around for a long time. It started in 2013 as a small community that attracted a few rain lovers. Still, it has since grown to become a place where people from all over the world come together to share their love for rain. The goal of the community is to help people find a place of comfort when their lives seem hectic.
07. Enjoying The Rain And Thunder After A Tiring Day At Work
09. Fallen Leaves After The Rain
Rain is often used as a negative term to describe lousy weather. It can be used by people who are complaining about the weather to explain how it has become more demanding than it should be. They often say, “It’s raining again!” while crawling out of bed, feeling that everything has become more challenging. Unfortunately, rain isn’t something most of us celebrate.
10. A View Of A Rainy Day From My Dorm Room
11. Staying Inside
12. On A Rainy Day In Worcester, England
According to a blog post on the health care provider WebMD website, rain can impact our mood. It can make us feel lonely and depressed, and it can also lower our self-esteem. Clinical psychologist Tecsia Evans, Ph.D., said that people tend to feel more depressed and lonely when the weather gets dreary.
Like most people, you might want to avoid turning off the lights and going back to bed after a rainstorm. According to Evans, studies show that light can boost serotonin levels and help people feel better.
13. A Rainy Street In Kyoto
14. Capybara Family Waiting Out The Rain
15. Sleep Peacefully
One of the most important things you can do to boost your spirits is to engage in uplifting activities that can make you feel better, such as watching a movie or playing a game. According to Evans, if the rain gets to you, don’t try to isolate yourself from the outside world. Instead, try reaching out to your friends and family. This will allow you to feel better even if the weather turns ugly.
16. Nothing Cozier Than A Rainy Autumn Day
17. We Enjoyed The Heavy Showers On Our First Day Together. Hopefully, The First Of Many
18. A (Very) Rainy Day In Nikko, Japan
For people suffering from depression or anxiety, the sound of rain can help them find calm. According to Emily Mendez, a neurologist, and expert on calming and relaxation, the natural sound of rain can help people get through their day. Countless videos feature the calming effect of rain, which can help people relax and focus on their goals.
According to music therapist and North London Music Therapy director Marianne Rizkalla, the sound of rain is a universal favorite. It has a lot to do with its rhythmic qualities, similar to those of a white noise machine. It allows us to experience complete relaxation.
19. Omg, No Words
20. My Painting Needs To Use Its Wipers
21. This Japanese Restaurant During Last Night’s Storm
According to psychologist Dr. Rizkalla, rainfall’s consistent sound can help regulate the nervous system’s responses. It can also help us become familiar with the rhythm of the pitter-patter, which our brains are used to.
22. Rain On The Walk Home In Oslo, Norway
23. Playing Games On A Rainy Day
24. Irma Refugee
It’s believed that going outside during rainfall can help boost your mood and decrease your risk of experiencing adverse effects. Negative ions can float in the air and create a hostile environment. You might find yourself in the mountains, beaches, or even in a thunderstorm.
In 2018, a review of studies revealed that harmful ion exposure could help improve various aspects of human health. According to Healthline, research has shown that exposure to negative ions can help people feel better and reduce their symptoms of depression. It also suggests that these chemicals can improve cognitive performance and stimulate the development of new brain cells.
25. Swimming In The Rain | Photo Of The Day Winner National Geographic
26. Rainy Street In England
27. This Is What I Need
There are many ways that rain can affect our behavior, but it’s also known to have a calming effect. We’d love to hear your thoughts on these images as you explore them. Share your thoughts in the comments below.
28. Staying In Bed
29. My Cats Enjoying The Downpour
30. Tropical Rains In Palawan
31. The Diner Next To Where I Work
32. Rainy Night In Amsterdam
33. A Nice Grey And Rainy Day In York, UK
34. London In Its Natural State Of Rain
35. I Saw You Guys Liked One Of My Rain Photos That Was Cross-Posted Here Yesterday. So Here’s My Favorite Rainy Photo
36. At My Girlfriend’s Grandparents’ House In The Ga Mountains. No Better Way To Spend The Weekend
37. Caught My Local Train Station In The Rain
38. Rainy Saturday In Hamburg, Germany
39. From My Studio’s Window In Korea
40. Streets Of Rome
41. A Rainy Day In Copenhagen
42. Acrylic Painting I Did A While Back Titled “Rainy Road.”
44. A Perfect Gray Day, Illustrated By Tina Schart Hyman (1939-2004)
45. It’s A Rainy Morning In Vietnam, So I Sat On The Porch And Ate Banana Pancakes And Snuggled With My Kitten
46. Walk Home In The Rain Looked Weirdly Celestial Today
47. My Walk Home From Work Through Rainy Brooklyn
48. Working In The Print Shop With The Garage Door Open While It Downpours Is Pretty Much My Idea Of Heaven. This Spring Has Been Awesome In Lake Tahoe
49. That Smell Of The Soil Just After A Rain
50. Japanese Tea Garden In San Francisco
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.