Over the years, more and more people have been getting their paint jobs poorly done. They’re ruining excellent pieces of wooden furniture, such as coffee tables and mirrors.
There’s a counter-movement against those who commit crimes online. It’s called “Reverse Pinterest.” Many of these are featured on a Reddit community dedicated to fighting back.
This online community’s ‘About’ page shows how it’s dedicated to showcasing handcrafted wood pieces that have been saved from Pinterest’s paint hell.
Although it’s not the biggest community on Reddit, 24K members contribute a steady stream of content. They also produce a lot of their posts. So continue scrolling and check out their most popular posts.
01. Restored This Beauty To Original Glory. $20 Goodwill Cedar Chest Returned From Crackled Paint Torture
02. I Don’t Know If I Can Top This One! Fully Restored Brasilia II Petite Buffet
While it’s not for everyone, second-hand furniture can be a great addition to a home, and it can be very cost-effective. According to interior designer Deidre O’Connell, there are a variety of ways that people can improve their chances of finding a great find.
While doing your part to fight climate change, you can also save a lot of money by choosing to buy quality furniture, which can take longer than usual due to global material shortages and shipping delays.
03. Behold, The Most Satisfying Reverse Pinterest Of 2021
04. Something I Did A Few Weeks Ago. 🙂
05. Painted Antique Mantle Restoration Transformation
Due to the increasing number of people looking for unique and beautiful home furnishings, many are turning to local vintage and pre-owned finds. These items can enhance their homes or create a unique look.
As a designer, O’Connell avoids making anything too perfect or too dated. Instead, she likes to mix old and new. She likes bright rooms with interesting touches and modern schemes.
06. Heard You Guys Like A Good Before And After
07. Thinking My Recent Rehab Of This Pre-Pinterest Paint Job Would Be Enjoyed Here
08. Vintage Console I Stripped A While Ago
09. Lane Acclaim Side Table Hidden Under Pea Green Paint!
She has listed where she can find old treasures, such as furniture, bric-a-brac, and more. Many second-hand marketplaces in Ireland allow people to sell their goods and services. Some of these include Done Deal and Adverts.
Use the Internet to find alternatives to your local store. In the search bars, look for brands such as Bo Concept, Neptune, Casey’s Furniture, or Ventura. These stores carry items that are worth a lot of money.
10. I Thought Y’all Might Appreciate My Efforts
11. The Abuse Is Finally Over
12. I Put Two Months Of My Time On Weekends And After Work To Remove The Awful Paint From This Gorgeous Danish Teak Desk With Floating Legs!
13. Before And After
1st Dibs is a leading platform for finding and buying vintage designer products. It features a variety of categories and allows interior designers to create their unique online galleries.
You’ll likely see this item on the pages of design magazines. However, since it’s often not cheap, it’s a good idea to start your search for vintage designer furniture at “price low to high.”
14. Was Told To Post Here. Before And After De-Pinteresting Wooden Furniture
15. A Ridiculous Amount Of Love, Patience, And Skill Went Into Reversing These Mid-Century Modern Pieces! I Restore For A Living, And Although I wouldn’t say I like Dealing With Painted Stuff, It Makes Me That Much Prouder Of My Craft
16. Under 3 Coats Of White Paint And 1 Coat Of Green, Was This Beautiful Rimu Timber
17. Restauration Process, Finished!
There are also various shops and markets around you, such as charity shops, antiques, and salvage yards. Before you visit these places, please do some research to find out where they are located.
According to O’Connell, there is an excellent sub-culture within the second-hand furniture industry. He said that, in his experience, people tend to have a funny story to tell, and they’ll also encounter some hilarious characters.
18. Thonet Dining Chairs, Redeemed
19. Before And After
20. Stripping Paint Is The Absolute Worst. Three Weeks After Staring, I’ve Finally Made It, Boys. I Just Picked Up Another Similar Dresser, Painted Brown. Why Do I Do This To Myself
21. American Of Martinsville Dresser That I Tried My Best To Restore
Some things look better without paint. According to Kelli Ellis, an interior designer, you should not pick up a brush to do it.
If you’re planning on painting your furniture, avoid over-slapping the old paint. According to Ellis, it can lead to disaster. Instead, consider the best paint options for your home.
22. I Saw This Desk On Cl For $50 And Drove From San Antonio To College Station To Pick It Up. Restored It In American Oak And Black Lacquer
23. Pair Of Lane Acclaim Round Tables
24. Final Update On My Mcm Nightstands! Before, Fully Stripped, And After! They Are My Pride And Joy
25. Facebook Marketplace Makeover
Painting furniture is a skill that requires a lot of patience and practice. Attacking a piece of wood with a spray can or paintbrush is also wrong.
While many videos on YouTube show how to paint furniture, the designer noted that there is much more to it than just a short explanation. People who rely on the Internet to fix their furniture end up with pieces they don’t want to keep.
26. The 60s/70s Wine Bar Restoration
27. My First Furniture Unflip
28. The ‘Distressed’ Console That Caused Me Such Distress
29. I Bought This Coffee Table In 2018 For $15 At A Flea Market Because It Was Cheap And I Needed Something For My Living Room. I finally Got Around To Stripping It This Weekend
According to Ellis, although it is fashionable to paint furniture now, trends can change with the wind. For instance, if a piece of furniture seems good now, it can quickly become dated in a couple of years.
30. Johnson Carper Ronda Saved From Teal Spray Paint
31. I Forgot To Take A Pic Of The Finished Product Without Stuff On It But! My First Reverse Pinterest On This $10 Genuine Mahogany Dresser That Had Been Spray Painted
32. Beautiful Wooden Furniture Restoration Job
33. Reverse Pinterest That A Friend Did
34. Reversed This $10 Fb Marketplace Kroehler Side Table
35. Restored This Johnson Carper Fashion Trend Desk. This Paint Did Not Want To Come Off
36. It Had To Be Done. I Hope You’ll Enjoy The Result
37. Stripped And Sanded This Mission Oak Coffee Table. Happy To See The Tiger Oak Back Out In The Open
38. Stripped The Paint And Transformed It Into A Tilt Out Storage Cabinet
39. I Found This Painted Broyhill Brasilia On Craigslist, And My Husband Fixed It
40. My Refinished Bassett Dresser, It Was Pink!
41. Stanley Wooden Furniture “Linear Precision” Credenza
42. First Time Rehabbing A Piece. Broyhill Sculptra Dresser. Few Mistakes With The Finish Due To Impatience. But I’m Happy With It For A $30 Thrift! All Thanks To Dashner Restoration YouTube Channel
43. Lane Acclaim End Table For $50 On Facebook Marketplace, Before And After
44. I Was In Desperate Need Of A Dresser And Bought This Cheap. 7 Layers Of Paint Later, I Found This Beautiful Wood Underneath
45. Beautiful Wood Grain Revealed
46. My Crusade Upon Painted Antique Wooden Furniture
47. Thrift Store “Rescue.”
48. I Wish I Could Pay $170 To Purchase This Piece Off Of Fb Marketplace And Restore It…literally Should Be A Crime To Do This
49. Reversed It
50. First Major Restoration
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.