Let’s face it, most advertisements today are about selling a product or service; they give little thought to people who are offended by them and want them gone. But in this collection, we’ll be sharing advertisements that are of a high standard and are an excellent example of how good effective adverts can be when social issues are brought in to be a voice for the voiceless.
This collection features 42 Most Powerful Social Issue Ads That’ll Make You Think; a well-designed advertisement should grab your attention and remain in your memory for a long time, especially for critical social issues. Some ads you’ll see today are commercial, while others are for social or environmental causes or products. The tricky part is getting people to stop and think about these problems while making them aware and want to help and support social change.
Like most ads, the facts are enough; the ad should appeal to the viewers’ emotions which have a powerful effect on memory and ensure the emotion will last longer. Thanks to technology best ad makers are available in the market.
Howard Gossage, who works in the advertising industry, stated:
“advertising justifies its existence when used in the public interest—it is much too powerful a tool to use solely for commercial purposes.”
01. Save Paper – Save The Planet
02. Your Skin Color Shouldn’t Dictate Your Future
03. Liking Isn’t Helping. Be A Volunteer. Change A Life
04. Torture Victims Are People Just Like You And Me
05. Stop The Violence: Don’t Drink And Drive
06. The Right to Childhood Should Be Protected
07. Premature Ending: “If you smoke, statistically, your story will end 15% before it should.”
“THE END. If you smoke, your story will end 15% before it should. For help with quitting, call QUITTLINE on 0200 00 22 00″ (Advertising Agency: Iris, London, UK)
08. World Wide Fund For Nature: Frightening vs. More Frightening
09. Deforestation Continues With The Turn Of A Page
11. Elm Grove Police Department: Slower Is Better
12. Air Pollution Kills 60.000 People A Year
Advertising Agency: unknown
13. Bird Conservation: If You Don’t Pick It Up, They Will
14. What We See When You Smoke
15. Animal Anti-Cruelty League: That’s Not A Football
16. Bangalore Traffic Police: Don’t Talk While Driving
17. Child Soldiers: It’s Not Happening Here, But It’s Happening Now
18. Censorship Tells The Wrong Story
19. Distracted Driving: Think Of Both Sides
20. Every 60 Seconds, A Species Dies Out. Each Minute Counts
21. Innocence In Danger: Where’s The Pedophile?
22. Sexual Predators Can Hide In Your Child’s Smartphone
23. Smoking Causes Premature Aging
24. You’re Not A Sketch. Say No To Anorexia
25. Neglected Children Are Made To Feel Invisible. Stop Child Abuse Now
“To dramatize the issue of neglect, we placed mannequins dressed as children behind billposters. When the inevitable happened, we revealed a second message.” (Australian Childhood Foundation, JWT Melbourne)
26. Global Action In The Interest of Animals: Plastic Bags Kill
27. What Goes Around Comes Around. Keep The Sea Clean
28. Tailgating Isn’t Worth It. Give Trucks Room
29. Sea Shepherd Conservation Society: When You See A Tuna, Think Panda
30. Sleepiness Is Stronger Than You. Don’t Drive Sleepy
31. See how easy feeding the hungry can be?
32. Causing Cancer By Yourself
33. Deforestation And The Air We Breathe: Before It’s Too Late
34. For The Homeless, Every Day Is A Struggle
35. The Prevention Beer Mug: Please Don’t Lose Control Over Your Drinking
36. One Child Is Holding Something That’s Been Banned In America To Protect Them. Guess Which One?
Advertising Agency: Grey, Toronto, Canada
37. Breast Cancer Awareness Bra
38. What Goes Around Comes Around: Stop The Iraq War
39. UN Women: Auto-Complete Shows Perceptions Of Women
40. Don’t Buy Exotic Animal Souvenirs
41. Animal Abuse And Shelters: Same Pet, Different Owner
42. Buckle up. Stay Alive
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.