22 Dreamy Art Installations You Want To Live In
These interactive art installations bring a little glimpse of the surreal to real life.
1. Chain Link Fencing as Art by Soo Sunny Park
3. Woven Installation by Studio 400
4. Tomás Saraceno’s Biospheric Cloud Cities
5. Falling Garden by Gerda Steiner & Jörg Lenzlinger
6. Crocheted Playgrounds by Toshiko Horiuchi MacAdam
8. The Rain Room at The Barbican, London
The room is fitted with 3D cameras that sense your location in the room, and automatically turn off the water valves above your head, allowing you to walk through the downpour without getting wet.
9. The aMAZEme Labyrinth by Marco Saboya & Gualter Pupo
A 500 square meter maze composed of 250,000 borrowed books. The labyrinth is organized in the shape of Jorge Luis Borges’s fingerprint.
10. Light and Shadow Painting by Rashad Alakbarov
11. Ernesto Neto’s Woven Installations
13. Yayoi Kusama’s Mirror and LED Light Installations
14. Jacob Dahlgren’s Colour Reading and Contexture
15. The Swedish Furniture Fair Installation
16. Rainbow Installation in Center Pompidou, Paris
17. Rainbow City at the High Line Park in New York City
18. Leandro Erlich’s Bâtiment
A gigantic mirror angled at 45 degrees gives the illusory effect of people dangling from ledges and climbing up the walls.
19. Dawn Ng’s Paper Planes
20. Gabriel Dawe’s Prismatic Installations
21. Ann Hamilton’s the event of a thread
The giant curtain dances as people swing.
22. Kusama’s Obliteration Room
This is what happens when you give thousands of stickers to thousands of kids.