The primary fuel of the internet is, and you probably won’t be surprised, cat and food pics. Just like our fascination with felines is unparalleled, so is our endearing love for food.
Think of ice cream selfies, beautifully served dinner pics, cocktail dates, and all the times that people realized food is life and life is food.
This massively popular subreddit with 5.6 million members proves how much we all enjoy looking at appetizing pictures. Below we prepared a new batch of freshly baked posts from the subreddit, so enjoy!
01. Sourdough Baguette
02. Lemon Custard Dessert Called “Not A Lemon” In Duoro Valley, Portugal
03. Cube Croissant (Filled With Pistachio Crème) – Copenhagen, Denmark
Cats and food pics run the internet. And the more lavish the dinner, beautifully served snacks, and wine glasses, the more food pics need to be taken. Correct me if I am wrong, but did you even eat anything if you haven’t posted it on social media?
Our enduring fascination with food reveals many profound things about being human and bonding with others. We previously spoke about the significance of food in our culture with the pediatric dietitian and feeding expert Rachel Rothman, MS, RD, CLEC, who is also the owner of Nutrition in Bloom, who explained why food is so much more than nourishment.
04. Amazing Curry Platter At My Local Curry Shop
05. My French Toast Jam Sandwich
06. Homemade Rustic Cheese And Vegetable Quiche
Rachel believes food is about culture, history, joy, memories, and tradition. “From a social standpoint, food connects us with friends, family, acquaintances, and coworkers. How often does it involve food when you think about get-togethers with others?”
T”The smell or taste of specific food can trigger vivid memories from the past, both positive and negative. The universality of food connects us in a way that not many other things can. The creation and repetition of these memories form traditions critical to the bonds which bring us together,” she explained. T
07. My Mom Picks A Dessert Every Sunday, And I Make It For Her. This Sunday, It’s Pistachio Cheesecake!
08. My Beef Wellington
09. My First Time Making Blueberry Pie
So it’s only fair that food plays a quintessential role in internet culture. Since eating is an essential, universal daily activity, there’s a vast potential audience for content about food here on the internet.
“When you combine that universality with the internet’s obsession with authenticity, niche food traditions can explode into the mainstream in exciting ways,” Rachel explained.
On the other hand, the same virality can also have questionable consequences, Rachel warned: “whether by amplifying fad diets, introducing odd creations (pink sauce, anyone?) or playing into the negative stereotypes about what constitutes a healthy body size.”
10. Cast Iron Shepherds Pie
11. One Of My Most Beautiful Boards I’ve Made Yet
12. Thick Cocoa Brownies
13. Chicken Katsu
14. Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Pecan Cookies – Usually Found In The Oven 20 Mins After The Kid Is In Bed
15. Butter Chicken
16. My Attempt At Spicy Miso Ramen
17. Creole Spicy Shrimp Étouffée
18. On A Cold, Winter Night Nothing Beats A Pot Of Stew
19. Homemade Tuna Salad
20. Mac And Cheese
21. Rice Cooker Pancake
22. Happy Pancake Day
23. 15-Hour Potatoes With Chilli Aoli
24. Reverse Seared 2 Inch Ribeye
25. My First Pizza
26. Bulgogi Burrito With Bok Choy, Rice, And Cheese. We Call It The “Korrito”
27. Cremia Softserve (Made With Fresh Hokkaido Milk!)
28. Homemade Sunday Meatballs For The Family
29. Burger I Made Last Weekend
30. I Make Bagels; My Lab Mate Makes Gravlax. This Week, We Did A Collaboration
31. Fish And Chips From Not London But A Little Restaurant In Bainbridge, Wa
32. Dutch Farmers Gouda One With Sambal And Jalapeno
33. Cheese Tortellini In Cheesy Cheese Sauce With Cheese On Top
34. Gnocchi In A Blue Cheese/Chives Cream Sauce W/ Bacon, Black Pepper, And Parsley
35. Double Smash Burger Deluxe I Put On Special Today
36. Homemade Bagels, First-Time Try
37. Orange Chicken
38. Customer: “I Want A Lot Of Salmon. “Me: “Say No More, Fam.”
39. A Quick Attempt At ‘Tonkotsu Style’ Ramen
40. [oc] Would You Try A Sweet And Spicy Sourdough Pizza With Mangos?
41. Pizza With Chives
42. Home Made Pad See Ew
43. Internals Of A Cube Croissant (Copenhagen, Denmark)
44. Air Fryer Roasted Parmesan Potatoes! Recipe And Tips In Comments
45. I Wanted Egg Rolls, Damnit. So I Made Some
46. Making My Waffle Stash
47. Trying To Eat More Veggies, First Try At Beef Pepper Steak
48. At-Home Pepperoni And Hot Honey
49. I Made My BF His First Chili Cheese Dog
50. Poached Egg Money Shot
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.