The widespread growing need for using old pallets is continuing to make a lot more sense to financially challenged folks. Used pallets can be nailed together to create just about any piece of indoor or outdoor furniture. What’s even better is that when this old wood is painted, they fit right into the rest of any decor in your home. When you work with used pallets to build furnishings for your home, you are not only doing your part in recycling but keeping this beautiful project idea alive.
When choosing to use old pallets, ensure that they are properly cleaned and are not harvesting any unwanted critters. In some cases, if the wood is deplorable, it may be more appropriate to let it serve outdoor purposes. In most cases, the stamp printed on the pallets would usually determine the condition of the material and whether or not you can paint the wood. Good re-purposed pallets can be used to create stylish living room and dining room furniture without paint.
Not all pallets are made the same because you can be fortunate to get ‘new wood’ pallets that can easily be transformed into a bed or kitchen cabinet. People who are into this craft are usually those handy with a hammer and nails and know their way around a drill. All pallets are not made of wood; however, neither do they all come in the same size or structure. You can build a tiny house using pallets without spending tons of money on furnishings and building materials. Pallets can be used for storing miscellaneous items in and around one’s home or turned into a wooden lantern. Anyone can develop a love of this craft because it can become an option for saving money and maybe a business idea.
Always be careful when using pallets not to injure yourself, and avoid taking on more than you can handle at once. Remember to sand the wood to remove any splinters and apply a heavy coat of varnish to protect its durability. There are numerous websites with tutorials on how to work with pallets and build your furniture. In the meantime, check out these 20 projects you can create with used pallets.
01. Understand That A Reclining Chair Can Be Made Using Old Pallet Wood
02. Envision A Three Layered Shelf Made From Used Pallets Painted In Black
03. Create Your Own Furniture Cabinet With Pallets
04. Use Pallet Wood As A Towel Holder Attached To The Wall
05. Build A Garbage Bin Out Of Old Pallets
06. A Cosmetic Counter Can Be Designed Using Pallet Wood
07. Use Pallet Wood To Fabricate A Dining Table
08. Realize That Pallet Wood Can Be Nailed Up To Make A Home For A Pet
09. Design Your Own Furniture Using Old Pallets
10. Envision Using Pallet Wood To Build Outdoor Furniture
11. Make A Single Chair Using Pallet Wood
12. Understand That A Board Made From Pallets To Store Tools Can Be Realized
13. Construct A Bar In Your Home Out Of Old Pallets
14. Use Pallets To Build Storage Compartments To House Garden Equipment
15. Pallets Can Be Transformed To Create Beautiful Furniture For Children’s Play Time
16. Materialize A Table Made From Pallets In A Variety Of Painted Colors
17. Build A Stool Using Old Pallets
18. Fabricate A Mirror By Simply Using Old Pallets
19. A Garbage Bin Under The Sink Can Be Built Using Old Pallets
20. Succulent-Center Table
What better way to decorate an outside table than with a striking nature-themed feature in the middle? The planting box in the center is just magnificent, and the use of succulent plants is very clever because they look great and are also very low-maintenance.
DIY Instructions and Project Credit – Source
This year chose to take up the project of re-purposing used pallets, either as a personal accomplishment or a business investment.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.