The 34 Most Beautiful Forests In The World… I’d Love To Walk Barefoot Through #26.
Forests cover up only a fraction of the earth’s surface today, but it used to cover up to half the earth. When most people think of forests, they immediately think of boring trees. What people fail to acknowledge, however, is that forests can be just as beautiful a sight as looking at a skyscraper view of the city. Nothing is more tranquil than enjoying the view of a forest, especially cool ones.
The 34 photos below show some of the coolest forests in the world. Some are weird and unique. Some are just drop dead gorgeous.
01. Yili Apricot Valley, China
02. Deadvlei Forest, Namibia
03. Beskydy Mountains, Czech Republic
04. West Papua Jungle, New Guinea
05. The Dancing or Drunken Forest, Kaliningrad
07. The Moss Swamp, Romania
09. The Baobabs Avenue, Madagascar
10. Arashiyama Bamboo Forest, Kyoto
11. Ocean Forest, South Carolina
13. Dragons Blood Forest, Socotra
14. The Crooked Bush, Hafford
18. Giant Kelp Forest, Monterey Bay
20. Otzarreta Forest, Basque Country, Spain
22. Ardennes Forest, Belgium
25. The Black Forest, Germany
29. Spiny Forest, Madagascar
30. The Amazon Rain Forest, Brazil
32. Monkey Puzzle Forest, Chile
33. Redwood National Park, California
34. Jiuzhaigou Valley Forest, China
Source: Cover photo by Paul Cornish
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.