Picture this: You’ve just moved into your dream home — or you’re planning to — and you’re bursting with excitement to decorate it. You’ve spent hours on Pinterest and Etsy, wandering around Ikea, and scrolling through endless pages of home decor inspiration. But as you start to buy items and carefully place them in your rooms, you realize that everything is beginning to look the same as every other aesthetic and photoshoot-like house you see online. Where’s the personality? The humor? The fun?
You see, it’s easy to get caught up in the moment and buy all the cute home decorations that catch your eye. But when your house starts looking like a furniture catalog, it loses its charm — and pretty fast! Time to add some character back into the mix with some funny home decor!
Luckily for us, people seem to have a talent for finding hilarious things, and they can’t resist the temptation to share them with the world. Whether they’re funny signs or some cool room decor we didn’t know existed, they’re guaranteed to make you want to go on a shopping spree. So, get ready to unleash your inner comedian and add some personality back into your living space with these funny home decor items! Here are our favorite finds so far — you’ll get tons of ideas for home interiors and gifts, so check them out, and don’t forget to upvote the ones you like the most. (H/T)
01. Put Up Our New Toilet Roll Holder, And I’m So Chuffed With It. Haha. He Just Had To Take Centre Stage!
02. Amongst My Dad’s Christmas Decorations Is A Set Of Porcelain Angels In A Box Marked “Christmas Angles”
We’ve giggled about this misspelling for years, so I finally made him the Christmas angles he deserves this season.
03. Everyone Kept Hitting Their Heads As They Walked Down My Stairs, So I Hung A Sign As A Warning
04. A Lady Decorated Her Door At A Retirement Home. Too Funny!
05. Some “Inspirational” Home Decor I Made. Just For Fun
06. Decorated My Tree For October… I hope Everyone Finds It Funny, As I Do
07. I Finally Got This Gem Back Up In Our New Home!
08. I’m No Longer Allowed To Help With The Xmas Decorations
09. We Were Cleaning Up Our Rental Vacation Home And Found Someone Had Left This Sign In Our Bathroom.
10. I’m So Glad We’ve Reached That Time Of The Year When Home Decor Stores Put Out The Good Stuff.
11. My Grandmother’s Decorative “Spice Jars” From The 50’s
12. Being The Girlfriend, I Was Given The Job To Decorate Our New Home
13. So My Mom Is A 1st Grade Teacher, And I Helped Her Decorate Her Room. By Far My Favorite Poster
14. This Makes Me Want To Re-Decorate My Tool Shed
15. Relocating Home Depot Halloween Decorations
16. Girlfriend Brought Home Some New Decor… I Think This One Approves
17. Final Touches To A House To Make It A Home
18. Our Friend Is Buying His First Home Today, So We Worked With His Realtor To Be Sure This Is The First Thing Waiting For Him In His Kitchen After Closing
19. My Parents Just Put Up The Traditional Decorations. I Wanted To See How Long Before They Noticed My Revisions.
20. My Favorite House We Trick-Or-Treated At Tonight. This Was Their Only Decoration
21. Normal Home Decor Is Boring
22. Home Décor Inspiration
23. I Decorated The Empty Cavity Behind My Mirror Today
24. Last Addition To My Christmas House Decorations
25. I Let My Husband Decorate The Bathroom
26. We Set Up The Only Halloween Decoration We Really Need
27. Just Moved In And Bought This Sign…Finally Feels Like Home.
28. Not Pleased With My Choice Of Home Decor
29. My Friend Collects Home Decor That Resembles His Dog
30. Painted Some Cute Wall Decor
31. What Definitely Comes To Life At Night Is This Finger Tea Set
32. My Daughter Didn’t Want Me To Take Down Her Favorite Halloween Decoration, So I Improvised
33. I Decided To Decorate My Sister’s Room Before She Comes Home For The Holidays. I Hope She Likes It!!
34. Being Newly Single And Renting A Room In A House, I Figured This Would Be My Best Room Decoration
35. Damage To This Decorative Bird Jar Gives It A Surly Expression
36. Funny Home Décor Cushions
37. My Dad Made Me These “Decorative Trees” In His Workshop For Christmas
38. My Neighbors Didn’t Take Down Their Halloween Decorations, But They’ve Been Adjusting Them For Each Holiday
39. So My Wife Bought A Decorative Sign For Our Kitchen
40. I Decided To Surprise My Girlfriend With A New Shower Curtain While She was Gone For The Day
41. Really Though, That’s My Spot
42. Look. At. This. Cute. Sign Do You Have A Personal, Furry, Four-Legged Doorbell?
43. Mom Asked Me To Decorate For Our NYE Party
44. So I Keep Turning My Roommates Latest Owl Decoration Upside Down Because I Think It’s Hilarious. She’s Not Amused
45. GF Let Me Decorate The Guest Bathroom. This Is Now The View From The Toilet
46. My Mom Is The Best Decorator
47. I Should Not Be Left Alone In A Home Decorating Store
48. Home Is Where The Heart Is
49. Our Decor Screams Grown Up. Not Like Mature Adult… But Grown Up
50. My Brother Decorated His Fridge For The Holidays
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.