There are plenty of beautiful buildings in the world, most of them perfectly preserved relics of centuries we will never know, but can read about in books. And while the exteriors of these buildings might be amazing to behold, there are also a lot of beautiful things inside their doors.
Below are rooms in famous locations that will take your breath away. Some of them are incredible castle interiors, while others are commercial businesses that happen to be mind-blowingly ornate. Check out the photos below, because #17 will take your breath away.
1. The Smoking Room in the Hallwyl House, located in Stockholm, Sweden.
2. The Azure Blue Indoor Pool at the eery and legendary Hearst Castle in California.
3. The Klementinum Library in Prague, Czech Republic.
4. Interior of the Sagrada Familia Church in Barcelona, Spain.
5. The stunning Nasir Al-Mulk Mosque in Iran.
6. The Palace of Versailles’ iconic Hall of Mirrors in Paris, France.
7. A very Venetian grotto, located inside of Miami’s Vizcaya Museum.
8. The Room of Rainbows, located inside the Crystal Palace in Madrid, Spain.
10. House of the Dauphine at Versailles, in Paris, France.
11. The overwhelming Cavern Restaurant inside the Hotel Grotta Palazzese in Polignano, Italy.
12. The Great Throne Room of the Winter Palace, located in St Petersburg, Russia.
15. Azure Dreams, a classic Victorian style bedroom.
16. The George Peabody Library inside Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland.
17. Inside of the iconic Kremlin in Moscow, Russia.
18. A Cave Pool in Santorini, Greece.
19. The Peacock Room, at Castello di Sammezzano in Reggello, Tuscany, Italy.
20. The National Coach Museum of Lisbon, Portugal.
21. The Château de Compiègne is a French château. It was built for royalty, and is perfectly preserved today.
23. The Château de Chantilly in France.
24. An abandoned and perfectly restored subways station in New York City.
25. The Augustusburg Palace in Bruehl, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.