We’ve already covered plenty of things you can do with your recyclable plastic bottles, but plenty of fun DIY projects utilize glass bottles. If you love drinking wine and beer or have a lot of leftover glass jars and containers from your weekly groceries, these DIY projects might inspire you.
After all, glass is durable, looks great when used decoratively, and can even be upcycled more than once. For crafting types, it’s incredibly versatile: There are so many exciting uses on this list it will be hard to choose just one. #17 would give your backyard the best upgrade ever.
01. Turn a few bottles into some unique vases for your flowers.
02. DIY a spectacular bottle lamp.
03. Use an old glass bottle to store all-purpose cleaners.
04. DIY an etched wine bottle dish soap dispenser.
05. Put together your DIY bottle art.
06. Make your own customized etched glass.
07. Fill a glass bottle with lights for excellent tabletop decoration.
08. Build an entire aquatic ecosystem in a glass.
09. Learn how to cut glass bottles easily and use them as candleholders.
10. Turn glass bottles into charming hanging herb gardens.
11. Get creative with these gorgeous jewel-toned glass bottles made with DIY ink.
12. Automatically water your plants with an upside-down glass bottle filled with water in the soil.
13. Make a citronella oil lamp out of an old wine bottle.
14. Use glass bottles to make these fantastic outdoor torches.
15. Paint glass bottles however you like and use them as vases.
16. DIY a self-watering bottle planter.
17. Fill lots of tiny bottles with flowers for some fantastic wedding decor.
18. Turn old beer bottles into new beer glasses.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.