If you pause for a moment and take in your environment, chances are you’ll notice the ocean of logos, slogans, and visuals all battling for your attention. In all the clutter, many people might feel like they are becoming ad-blind. Still, a clever marketing team occasionally creates brilliant advertisements, creative enough to cut through the noise.
We’ve collected a series of engaging, excellent, and downright brilliant advertisements worldwide, so scroll through and upvote your favorites. In the comments section, write your thoughts below and share your favorite marketing strategies.
01. Very Direct Ads From The City Of Toronto Against Littering
02. Effective Advertising
Despite the internet being around for decades, 2017 was the first year online advertising surpassed non-digital ads. While this might seem surprising, given the absolute dominance of online content, marketing, and shopping, it reflects how cheap brilliant digital ads are compared to physical advertisements.
After all, once you have the design and copy, you can copy-paste images until your hard drive gives out. A physical ad, for example, a billboard, must be printed and installed, and you generally pay a monthly rent. It’s a lot more costly and not guaranteed to get as many eyes on it as a banner on the side of a well-trafficked site.
03. Best Pet Adoption Ad Ever
04. Great Minimalist Billboard Ad
05. This “Seatbelts Save Lives” Campaign
Since the targets of a digital ad tend to be at their computers or on other interactive devices, clever marketers can do a lot more than show an image and some text. While the worst examples include flashing lights, scammy texts, or, God forbid, playing sounds, good marketing teams use the versatility of the internet to sell and raise awareness.
06. Italian Pasta Brand Advertisement In Honor Of Simpsons’ 30th Season
07. Organ Donation Ad
08. Advertisement, You Are Doing It Right
For example, Volkswagen’s “The New Golf” ad was a puzzle game that could be played directly from your browser. In it, the “player” would be given a random assortment of tiles with roads, which they needed to rearrange. Not only would it draw someone’s attention, but it also represented the car’s ability to navigate through anything.
09. Bus Stop Bench Ad. These People Know How To Advertise
10. One Of The Brilliant Advertisements For Keloptic.com – A French Website That Sells Glasses
11. Child Safety Awareness Ad
Unfortunately, many banner ads are cheap, annoying, and often useless. As any functional site doesn’t want to scare away users, these ads will be positioned at the screen’s margins so the main content is more visible. Think about it this way: an ad on the side might be irritating, but it doesn’t stop you from reading this article, a cookie recipe, or a watch review. Compare that to how an unskippable ad on YouTube makes you feel.
12. Great Advertising For A Bar
13. The Best Tampon Ad I’ve Ever Seen
14. Creative Advertising For Copenhagen Zoo
Researchers have found that regular internet users have developed “banner blindness.” Because digital ads are often in the same places, people’s brains shut out these images and ignore them automatically. While this phenomenon was first observed in 1998, we’ve gotten even better at limiting “unnecessary” information, a vital skill when nearly all the knowledge in the universe is available at the tip of our fingers.
15. This Ad Is Just Beautiful
16. LEGO Advertisement
17. This Coffee Advertisement
A 2015 study found that perhaps 93% of all internet ads go unviewed. People skip banners, do something else while unskippable video ads play, and do their best not to notice a marketing team’s work. However, advertisers have gotten better at targeting, as the click ratio has risen since the early 2000s, although 1998 was one of the “best” years, with a 2% click-through rate (CTR).
18. Alzheimer’s Awareness Advertisement
19. Surfrider Foundation Sushi Advertisement
20. Local Advertising Done Right
Of course, more prominent brands understand that their image is enough to sell a product, not a description of the product itself. Many energy drinks are on the market, but only one is closely associated with extreme actions and literal wings. Without even saying the name, there is a solid chance you have already thought about Red Bull, even if you don’t ever drink their products.
21. About Autism, One Of The Brilliant Advertisements
22. Utah Ski Resort Gets A 1-Star Review From A Guy In Los Angeles Because The Mountain Was Too Difficult. They Used The Review To Advertise
23. I Would Hesitate Before Jumping On Board
While Red Bull commonly sponsors all sorts of extreme sports, that doesn’t necessarily make them unique, as they are one of the many logos that snowboarders, rally drivers, and paragliders adorn themselves with. But what sets them apart is the willingness to sponsor extreme events, like Felix Baumgartner’s jump from space, which they organized and then live-streamed for the world.
24. If He Can’t Fix It, No Juan Can
25. The Kind Of Advertisement Which Works For Me
26. This Beer Advertisement
The result is that almost no one else can even claim “extreme” credentials, as they inevitably have to compete with a company that helped a guy fall from the stratosphere. Clothing and shoe brand Nike (as if I needed to clarify that) is also hard at work building a reputation as the company for athletes and people interested in fitness. Their Nike+ app and devices, while not at all connected to clothing, are an excellent example of using a product to sell the brand.
27. You Know The Weather Is Bad Where You Live When Advertisers Have To Be This Clever
28. Points If You Can Relate?
29. Forensic Science Ad
So, while marketing might be getting a bit of a dirty name with bombastic slogans, intrusive, targeted ads, and overwhelming sensory attacks, this list shows that clever ideas will still win in the fight over our attention. If this list wasn’t enough, fear not; A&D has covered you. Check out our other list that gathers posts from the “Best Ads Of All Time” Twitter account.
30. The Picture Of The Japanese Movie Advertisement Is Printed On Two Sides Of The Newspaper so that The Full Picture Could Be Seen Under Light
31. Erdal Shoe Polish Ad
32. Los Tacos Ad In Norway
33. My Wife Asked Me To Make Some Ads For Our Garage Sale On Facebook. I Think I Found The Perfect Hook
34. Honest Advertising
35. This Ad For The British Shoe Maker Clarks
36. Advertisement For Light Dog Food
37. Sugar-Free Chupa Chup Lollipop Ad
38. To Advertise Beer From A Van
39. I Found This Ad For Pressure Washing
40. Creative Baggage Carousel Advertisement
41. Gods Of Marketing
42. How Mercedes Benz Advertised Their Strong Headlights
43. New Marmite Billboard Ad, UK
44. IKEA Reminding Us The Importance Of Sleep
45. These Ads By IKEA Recreating Living Rooms From “The Simpsons,” “Stranger Things” And “Friends.”
46. This Inflatable Lock Advertisement On A Storage Building
47. Great Ad Placement
48. Haha, Good Advertising KFC
49. A+ Advertisement
50. The Photoshop Artist For This Digital Ad For Toothpaste Needs A Raise
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.