If you are right-handed, glance to your right, and vice versa if you are left-handed. If you are a true ambivert, congratulations. Anyway, there is a good chance that some awesome mugs will be on either side. Coffee, tea, perhaps just water, it does not matter; we humans love a suitable, sturdy vessel to drink from.
The “Mug Life” internet group is dedicated to sharing the more creative, unique, awesome, and unhinged mugs people drink from every day. So pour yourself another mug of your beverage, scroll through, upvote your favorite posts, and comment your ideas below. (H/T)
01. Finally, I Have Something Cute Enough To Post! Infuser Mug
02. This Mug Is My Spirit Animal
03. Ceramic Winter Mug
Mugs are one of those items we tend to have way more than necessary. Realistically, you will never be drinking from more than one mug at a time, yet true mug fans could probably use a different one each day of the week without breaking a sweat. Like t-shirts, the design is simple, but the possibilities are endless for colors, designs, and shapes.
Of course, the true sign of a mug fanatic is the steady escalation in size, as some people wield mugs large enough to become a deadly weapon and deep enough to fit an entire pot of coffee. While there is little academic literature on this, one wonders if a dominance display happens when two mug fanatics work in the same office.
04. I Still Can’t Believe I Made This Mug
05. Mermaid Tail Grip, Beautiful Design. I Think It’s Original And Comfortable To Hold. That’s Very Important In Cups!
06. My New Mug From Etsy Is So Cute!
These days, custom designs like the abovementioned t-shirts can be made and ordered in print shops or online. While there is less control over the shape and materials, people now can have almost anything they want to be put on a mug, which turns this drinking item into a vessel and display piece of a person’s creativity.
07. He Punch
08. I Wonder What Colors This Porcelain Cup Is Compounded By?
09. My ‘Mushroom Dude’ Design I Had Put Onto A Mug ☕️🍄
Part of the ubiquity of mugs also comes from the fact that they are great gifts, particularly for smaller events or if one does not know the recipient that well. Prices have a decent range; you know the item will be helpful, and it’s often on display, so one doesn’t have to feel like the gift was received, then discarded. Plus, you can easily add some personalization, like the print mentioned above or design, to make it stand out from the millions of other factory-identical mugs.
10. I Got The Mug For Christmas!
11. My Daily Reminder Mug
12. Double Cup Template For Valentine’s Day
Some people take their obsessions a bit too seriously. Charles Hubbell was a Tennessee man who accumulated almost 30 ‘000 mugs in a unique collection before passing away in 2019. Hopefully, his collection was preserved after his passing, but at the very least, one could build an entire house just from the materials required to manufacture and paint 30 ‘000 mugs.
13. A Mug I Made For Myself
14. Awesome Purplicious Mugs
15. Bad News, My Shelf Broke, And All Of My Mugs Shattered. Good News, It Gave Me An Excuse To Order This Beauty
Setting aside the modern office or tea parlor, the mug design is one of those genuinely ancient things we still use today. Clay mugs, made by early potters, date back to between 6000 and 3000 BCE, while there is some indication that the first wooden mugs were even older. After all, we’ve needed to drink things forever, and scooping up water with one’s hands seems downright annoying.
16. Good Morning, Just Joining
My fiancé and I go to many estate sales, and we got this at one a while back. I’m currently 36 and being sterilized in the fall, so this is one of my favorite mugs. I hope you all think it’s as funny as we do.
We look forward to sharing more of our funds in the future.
18. A Little Corn Mug I Made For A Mug Collection Called Pudgy Pals
Early clay mugs suffered from how thick the vessel’s walls had to be, so only people with more enormous mouths could use them without discomfort. Mugs better suited to our bodies came with early metalworking techniques in about 2000 BCE, when gold, silver, bronze, and even lead were used. It indicates how important a good mug is that the first metals were used to make them.
19. Amazing Art. What Do You Imagine When You See These Cups?
20. This Mornings Mug – With This Big Mug, I’ll Probably Have A Good Day, And I Wish You All One Too!
21. Smoking Kills, Y’all
These days, the full force of our creativity and scientific knowledge is used to make cutting-edge mugs. From fuddling cups that limit spillage to mugs that change color or reveal images when heated, we are positively spoiled regarding options. Never before have there been so many materials, shapes, and colors to choose from, possibly explaining why everyone has at least a few different mugs.
22. Thrifted Musical Mug
23. Finally, A Cat That Doesn’t Wake You Up Until You’re Ready
24. I Saw On Facebook, Wish It Was Mine
People have so many mugs that we have even had to innovate storage methods. The mug tree is an excellent example on ships, as long as the base is well secured to the floor, while others will present their collection as a visual display, mounted and behind glass. But for most of us, the everyday cupboard is enough.
25. I Got This From A Former Neighbor
26. I Used To Think I Had A Problem, Then I Found This Sub. I Still Think I Have A Problem. (Xmas Themed And Others Are In Other Cabinets)
27. Recent Tj Max Purchase
Some might start to question the form of the mug, as it’s not that different from a cup or glass. The simple way to tell them apart is to focus on the handle. Traditionally, mugs carry very cold or quite hot beverages, which naturally change the temperature of the item’s walls. A handle allows for it to be handled, no pun intended, without discomfort to the user’s hand, similarly, no pun intended.
28. Nothing Super Special, But It Spoke To Me, And I Had To Get It
29. I Just Got A New One For Spring Mood Boosting
30. Thursday Kitty Kat Vibes
These days, we have the technology to limit heat or cold, but most people still feel comfortable with the classic, flat-based, handled mug. Why fix what isn’t broken? These tend to have flat walls, making displaying images and texts with personal flair easy. And if you want to see other exciting mugs, look no further; A&D has got you covered; you can find our other collections here, here, and here.
31. Some Mugs I Made That Are Inspired By Stained Glass Window Art
32. When A Friend Sends You The Purfect Mug
33. Couple Favorites Mug I Made
34. I Found This Sweetheart At A Local Shop
35. I Got This Mug For Christmas, And It Instantly Became A Favorite
36. I Have A Very Talented Friend Who Does Incredible Things Like This. What Do You Think?
37. So Excited About My Ds9 Mug Find!
38. My Favorite Mug, It’s A Little, Heavy But I Love It
39. As A Collector, I Always Try To Buy At Least Two For My Collection. Sometimes I Buy More. Space Pizza Cat 200 Produced. Deneen Pottery/Scotty Russell Illustrator Series
40. My Newest Mug – A Christmas Gift From A Friend!
41. I Don’t Usually Keep My Mugs, But I Loved This Awesome Cozy Bear
42. I Didn’t Know This Sub Existed Until Today. Here’s My Current Favorite!!
43. The Images Didn’t Upload Properly The First Time I Tried Posting This, But Look At My New Mug!! It Was Made By Horacio Casillas
44. I Found A Great Mug For Myself
45. New Fav Mug
46. Work “Mug Life!”
47. Mug Cat Fortune
48. My Husband Proposed To Me On Our Nashville & Memphis Trip, And Surprised Me Yesterday With This Little Find!
49. As A Denim Enthusiast, This Thrift Find May Be My New Favorite Mug. (Or Should I Say… Jug?)
51. Cryptid Coffee
52. I Snagged My Daughter’s Mug Today
53. This Is Now The Best Thing I’ve Ever Owned
54. My Collection. I Just Got Rid Of 10 Mugs After Christmas…It Didn’t Help
55. United States Of Chickens
56. Awesome New Starbucks Animal Mugs Here In Manila
57. A Birthday Gift From My Friend
58. Beaster Bunny
59. What Will The Jungle Explorer Be Looking For? A New Life For Sure
60. I Thought I’d Show Off My Collection So Far
61. Dollar Store Find!!!! This Mug Sums Me Up Pretty Well. I’m A Cancer Zodiac, And I Don’t Do Mornings Well
62. Best Gift Ever
63. I Found At An Asian Grocery Store Near Me
64. One Of My Favorite Mugs
65. Awesome Starbucks Been Here Series Mugs
66. Spring Finds
67. My Vintage Octagonal Brutalist Mug I Thrifted
68. Mom Gave Me This Mug As A Early Valentine’s Day Gift
69. Picked Up This Beauty From Facebook Marketplace Today!
70. I Got This For 25 Cents At A Garage Sale 10 Years Ago. Still One Of My Favorites
71. A Very Little Mug, Tell Me What You Think?
72. I Regret Not Buying This. I’m Trying To Downsize My Mug Collection Though
73. I Couldn’t Pick This Up At The Charity Shop Today
74. My Latte Came With Daisies From Germany This Morning
75. My Mug From The Monet House & Gardens In France
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.