Old and heavy books always seem like a mysterious and infinite well of wisdom and imagination for me. That moment, when you pick up an old book from a shelf and wipe away thick layer of dust from it‘s cover, is full of magic. However, book is so much more than pages full of words.
I’ve always thought that it would be wonderful to give old books a second life. Some artists make it happen by turning old books, dictionaries and encyclopedias into admirable sculptures.
I found a few amazing examples of book sculptures, so I invite you to share the pictures of amazing book art as well. Don‘t forget to vote for your favorites too.
1. Book Of Life
2. Cave In A Book
3. “Charon And The Door To A World Of Dreams” Book Sculpture
5. Herb Garden Book Sculpture
6. Old Books Carved With Surgical Tools
7. House In A Field Book Art
9. Dutch Bookweek Written Portraits
14. Old Books Turned Into An Interesting Piece Of Art
15. Skull Book Sculpture
16. Jacqueline Rush Lee’s Inked Books (Anthologia)
18. Jacqueline Rush Lee’s Inked Series (Nous: There’s No Why Here),Transformed Philosophy Book 2014
20. Mayberry’s Insects
21. Pablo Lehmann – “Thesaurus” (21 X 15 X 19 Cm.) Cut-Out Paper 2011
29. Pride And Prejudice By Susan Hoerth Alter Book
33. The Boy’s Own Annual 1896
36. A Stairway To Heaven Book Sculpture
37. 37 Butterflies In Their Prime By Valerie Savarie
40. Traveling On The Lake Book Sculpture
41/ Slashed Book Sculpture
45. Ar-15 Made From Childrens Books ©rossa Cole, 2014
Via Bored Panda