”Mineral” is not the first thing to come to mind when you hear the word “beauty,” and that‘s a pity because they look so, so pretty. This selection of some of the most beautiful minerals and stones in the world will be a feast for your eyes.
A mineral is a “naturally occurring substance that is solid and inorganic representable by a chemical formula, and has an ordered atomic structure.” Rocks, unlike minerals, don’t have a specific chemical composition, and can be made of both minerals or non-minerals. Although there are over 4,900 known types of minerals, the ones here are just the most beautiful ones that we and our readers could find.
Have a beautiful picture of a mineral? Add it below!
1. Sunset Fire Opal
2. Luz Opal With Galaxy Inside
4. Ocean Inside An Opal
5. Worlds Biggest Amethyst Geode – The ‘empress Of Uruguay’
7. Lightning Ridge Black Opal
10. Burmese Tourmaline
12. Chrysocolla In Malachite
13. Watermelon Tourmaline
15. Titanium Quartz
18. Realgar On Calcite
20. Fluorite/quartz/pyrite Combination
23. Tourmaline On Quartz With Lepidolite And Cleavelandite
26. Botswana Agate
28. Blue Agate Geode
34. #26 Obsidian
35. Lion Fish
40. Iceland Spar Calcite Crystal
49. Peacock Coal – Mcadoo, Pennsylvania, U.s.a.
Source: Bored Panda