Believe it or not, concrete is a very versatile material! Despite its rigidity and hardness, concrete becomes an ally of your home if you know how to exploit its stylish, grey look. You can use it to create a family entertainment center, build a patio, or provide a challenging and durable floor that will last a lifetime in your garage or garden shed. But it’s not used just in big projects and buildings but also for smaller DIY projects. Fiber Reinforced Concrete is a material that allows you to shape it however you want without too much effort. Let’s take a look at some projects.
Vladimir Loginov and Maksim Loginov from HandmadeFont, an Estonia-based design company, made the most of it. Lamps, candleholders, table tops, bookcases, and even clocks were realized by mixing cement and various aggregates, such as sand, pebbles, gravel, or shale, with water. “We used an advanced cement mix which gives a solid, smooth, and tactile surface that is more similar to ceramic or aluminum than concrete,” the designers explained on their website.
For today we gather 40 DIY Concrete Projects for Stylish Decorative Items. A steel frame was introduced inside each decorative item, and the material continues to gain strength with time. The result? The products are very durable and unbreakable! Furthermore, they can be painted in different hues to obtain lively interiors or outdoor areas. You will find more projects to inspire your concrete hackery. Explore the gallery below, and let us know if you find them tempting!
01. The unique CD shelf forms a letter X and contains five slots to store your CDs in. It can be placed on the floor or the table.
02. A minimalistic clock with a fractured surface that weighs 3kg. It is available in natural grey and black.
03. In the garden, a dining table with a solid top. The fissure in the middle was filled with soil and plants.
04. Glass protective pads made of concrete!
05. A boxy clock that goes perfectly in a stylish contemporary interior.
06. Little candles hidden in balls.
07. Some tall vases that look like columns mark an imposing entrance to a building.
08. It brings drama inside if you paint it in black.
12. Most of the interiors in the gallery are minimalist. Pick a vintage poster or hot photography to enliven the space.
13. Boom! is an original sculpture that can give an industrial touch to the interior or an unusual twist to the garden. It is available in natural grey color.
28. A pair of boots were filled with cement, sand, and water, allowing the mixture to harden. You can admire the result above!
29. Simply amazing! Mushrooms painted in different colors beautify the garden.
30. And some pumpkins!
31. Decorative DIY Cement Leafs
33. Cute heart-shaped mosaic stepping stone.
We would love to hear your opinion in the comment section below.
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.