35 Clever Parenting Ideas Every Parent Needs To Know
Raising kids is the hardest job in the world. Here are some tips that will make parenting easier and bring a smile to your children’s faces. Enjoy and don’t forget to take notes!
01. This cute baby mop suit lets your child crawl and help out around the house at the same time.
02. Use a shoe caddy to hold snacks and activities during long car rides.
03. Help other people (and yourself) tell your twins apart with these tiny rompers.
04. Making sure your kids dress warmly can be quite the chore…
05. Give them temporary tattoos in case they get lost during an outing.
06. Old lotion bottles can be used as faucet extenders until the little tykes aren’t so little anymore.
07. Never worry about losing them in public with these forget-met-not mittens
08. Cut a hole in a pacifier and stick a dropper in it to make taking medicine slightly less traumatizing.
09. A cut pool noodle will prevent little fingers from getting slammed in doors.
10. (My personal favorite) Create a kid-sized hammock with some fabric and a table.
11. If you’re super careful, a big cardboard box can be re-purposed into a stair slide.
12. A box fan can help a blanket fort stay up, while also making sure the adventurer inside is getting enough air.
13. A baby shower cap will make bath time tear-free.
14. Keep their tummies full with this simple cheese rearrangement.
15. Better yet, keep two tummies full at the same time by heating multiple bowls at once in your microwave.
16. Teach them a simple way to make strawberries more enjoyable.
17. A cupcake holder around a popsicle stick will keep little hands from getting sticky on hot days.
18. A spray bottle and cute decorations are all you need to create “Monster Spray” that stops kids from worrying at night.
19. To get them to put their shoes on the correct feet, cut a sticker in half and place it on the insides of their shoes.
20. I get so worried when the baby coughs all night. Here’s how to alleviate that:
21. Prevent spills by inserting a crazy straw upside-down to keep kids from yanking it right out of the cup.
22. To keep apple slices from getting brown in a lunch bag, put them back together and secure them with a couple of rubber bands.
23. Use an old DVD case to store paper and colored pencils for an on-the-road easel.
24. If you’re afraid of them falling out at night, create a barrier by putting a pool noodle under a fitted sheet.
25. Use a laundry basket to keep bath toys from floating away.
26. Instead of damaging your home with nails, use a ziptie to secure baby gates to the banister.
27. Splinters can be so painful. This will make it better:
28. Some glue and glitter can turn any money into “tooth fairy money.”
29. Prevent them from over-squeezing juice boxes by teaching them to hold the drink by the side flaps.
30. To give a more effective time-out, fill a bottle up 3/4 with water, then add a bottle of glitter glue and some ultra-fine glitter. Flip the bottle, and when the glitter settles, their time-out is over.
31. To clean up pesky vomit stains, wipe up the excess and then spread a paste of baking soda and water over the remaining ick. Let it dry until it takes on a powdery consistency and then vacuum it right up.
32. Convince them to do chores by offering things they need rather than bonus rewards.
33. If you’re flying with infants, there’s a simple way to make sure the other passengers are more understanding to your plight.
34. A lint roller picks up glitter (and just about anything else) like a charm!
35. And when they grow up, teach them how to be resourceful:
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.